Are you among those pitiable app users who find adds popping up now and then and creating a disgusting on your mobile screen. All you find after a while is that you had spent more than half the time trying to close the pop-up adds. To go for the premium version you wouldn’t want to try. This worry can always be cured. As there is solution to every problem, there is solution to this to. The never existed Adaway APK is now at your finger tips you could try and be dependent on if in case you wanted to created an add-free environment in your mobile.
The Adaway is a totally new and an out-of-the-box idea that you never had thought about even when you were going through the ordeal all this time. People are always anticipating such ideas coming into actions that would help solve their problems that look simple yet so annoying. We all need mobiles for our everyday tasks. Are you going to keep canceling the ads popping up on you phone or are you actually going do something worthwhile? This is what Adaway comes into the picture for.
Adaway Apk Download for Android OS:
Adaway does this hell of a work easier by using your host files in the system. By this, you could make your own black and white list of the websites that should be allowed to display in your mobile. In other words, you could choose your own sources of host files. Now this host file is not accessed in your mobile. The manufacturer doesn’t not allow you to access the host file so to get the root access to your system in order to manipulate the host files; you will have to root your phone.
There is a mapping between the hostnames and the IP addresses. When an app requests for an add it sends the requests to the local host 127.0.0.1 which causes nothing. To respond to blocked hostnames and the IP addresses, you could run a web server as an option. You could also download hosts files from the app and create your own white and black list.
Features of the Adaway APK:
- Adaway is an open source software and totally free.
- It uses the system’s hosts files to create an add-free application.
- You could select your own sources of hosta files.
- Exceptions can be added to the white list that you have created if an app is not working when a specific hosts is blocked.
- If created your own redirection list, you could add your host- IP.
- The Adaway APK is not available in the Google Play Store because it has violated the Section 4.4 of the Developer Distribution Agreement.
- This can be freely downloaded from the F-Droid instead.
- Since the application deals with the manipulation of hosts files and creating own hosts and IPs, it is obvious that the phone would require rooting. So Rooting of your Android phone is required in order to get the root access of the operating system.
- The Android Operating System must be the 2.1 version or higher so that the Adaway APK, could be installed and properly run.
- It requires read/write access on your system-partition.
The other side of the coin:
- Since the application is banned from the Google Play Store, you might not want to totally depend on it much.
- The app is open source software so there might be some issues with the stability of the app resulting in crash of the app.
- The app deals with the hosts files and its manipulation, therefore requiring you to root your phone, which is not again recommended by anyone considering the risks involved with the phone.
- You need to have Android version at least 2.1 or above.